domingo, 14 de junio de 2015

My host family

I feel extremelly fortunate that I found the family I will be moving with. I was lucky to meet in person this family last summer. We met each other through aupair-world.es (very well on advance, as I met them last summer and I had no plans of becoming an au pair until this summer)and on a skype conversation we had the host mom mentioned that they go on vacation to a town an hour away from mine every year. We made plans and met in a town very close from mine. They basically came where I live! How cool is that? They are truly amazing. As soon as we met I inmediately clicked with the parents, they were nice open and with an adveturous soul just like mine. With the kids everything was harder, as a language was a barrier. The oldest one was 3 at the time and he only spoke French, which I'm not good at, and the little one was only 4 months old at the time. 

Ever since that first meet up the host mom and I have exchanged letters in a weekly basis, she updates me on how the family is doing and I tell her how I am doing, we have agreed on my duties while I am there and she has made great efforst to help me know more about the place where I will be staying. 

I have learned that they live in a pretty big appartment with a great yard and a very nice terrace. They both work long days and my dutie will be to take care of the children after they get out of school and kindergarden and to feed the oldest one lunch at lunch time (so picking him up from school, feeding him lunch and driving him back to school). I will also be doing some light housework that mainly includes cleaning after the children. I will be living in a small town and they will let me use the family car, which is very convenient both to drive the children around and to get to my French classes.

Overall, I feel extremely lucky that I found them, and I really hope that once I get to their house we will keep getting along as well as we do now. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario