martes, 7 de julio de 2015

Being an aupair: feeling anxious.

If, like me, you are waiting for the moment to start working as an aupair to come, or if you are about to leave your country to move away, you are probably feeling just like I am feeling right now: ANXIOUS.

You still have a million things to do before leaving, you need to get everything ready and say goodbye to so many people that you will need weeks to get to hang with all of them and you have to organize the trip. And, of course, this can get overwealming, so, you feel scared. Scared of everything you are leaving behind and will miss, and scared of all the things you will have to face once you get to your new home.

But don't panic, really, do NOT panic. When I feel over overwhelmed I leave whatever I am doing, I go outside, sit on my porch and after lighting a cigarrette I think of everything I want to do once I get to my host country. I think of all the things I am looking fordward to doing with my hostkids, I think of all the French I will learn and I think of all the new places I will get to visit. I just turn my thoughts around and get a positive view on the whole thing. I remember the main reason why I decided to be an aupair and it really works for me. So, I highly recommend doing the same thing and not letting the insecurities ruin the preparation for a new adventure.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario